Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I have some scratches and a spot without paint on my car, where should I get it fixed?

Q. My 2007 Toyota SUV has got a scratch on the front, and on one side because my woman doesn't know how to drive. One spot on the side has rust exposed. Whats the best place to get it fixed.

A. On such a new car, paint matching should be easy, so if you're anything of a do it yourselfer I would sand it down, (make sure you feather the edges so it goes on smooth.) Hi build primer can take care of light scratches. Then spray on the color you matched, (do it in a couple coats, if you try and make it in one coat, you might have drips and runs.) use a very fine sand paper 1000 or higher too help blend it and then a clear coat spray to top it off. This is a fairly simple fix so if you wanna have a little fun, I'd go for it. Might save a few bucks too.

How to get through Marine Corps bootcamp?
Q. For women? I leave very soon and I'm just curious about what to expect.

A. 1) Don't watch any movies or documentaries about boot camp. I guarantee you that the documentaries are sugar coated and the movies are exaggerated.

2) Do what you are doing now and ask Marines who have graduated recruit training.

Here are a few tips: Keep your mouth shut, and when you are asked a question or told to speak, yell as loud as you can. Keep your eyes off the drill instructors unless they tell you to look at them. Don't be the hero and risk injury, in other words, it's just boot camp, so while giving 100%, don't over exert yourself to the point of injury. Get good at blending in and doing what everyone around you is doing. Looking/acting different will get you special attention from the drill instructors. Lastly, don't ever panic. Always remain calm and realize the boot camp is 12 weeks of chaotic stress. There's nothing wrong, it's the way it's supposed to be. Good luck and Semper Fi.

What do u think that is sophisticaded makeup?
Q. What kind of looks should a classy young woman wear?
I want to do natural and sophisticaded make-up...what do u advise me?

A. Use a powder or foundation to eliminate shine, but only use it where you need it, and make sure you blend it in well. Don't use too much or it will look really fake. I would use a light blush, not a dark one, because dark makes you look toned, and when I think of "sophisticated" I think of lighter, paler looks.
Anyway, for your eyes, I would suggest putting eyeliner on only your top eyelid, and then just do a coat of mascara. Your eyes will look huge and pop, without looking like you have a ton of makeup on.
Hope this helps! If you have any more questions, email me at: skippy_339@hotmail.com , I'd love to answer any questions you have!

How do i make oreo balls?
Q. Has anyone ever heard of these? There is a woman where i live that owns a bakery shop and she makes these little chocolate covered balls that she calls "o" balls. She told me she uses a cream cheese and crushed oreo mix, molds them into a ball,and covers them with chocolate. She had to get this recipe from somewhere! and i would like to find out the exact recipe(as in, amounts of cream cheese and oreo and how to blend them together).
CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS? Please and Thank you!!!!!
Thanks so much everyone for all your answers! I really liked the variation "mouse potato" submitted on the chocolate mint snowballs!

A. I just had these at a Christmas party....to die for. I still can't believe that the only ingredients are oreos and cream cheese. The gal who brought them made them about the size of golf balls, so much larger than a "truffle"...but quite the treat! I love making "real" truffles with ganache, etc. but these were really amazing, too!

Oreo "Truffles"
8 oz. cream cheese
1 pound Oreos
1 pound milk or dark chocolate
1/2 pound white chocolate

Grind Oreos to find powder in food processor. With a mixer, blend cookie powder and cream cheese until thoroughly mixed (there should be no white traces of cream cheese). Roll into small or large balls and place on wax-lined cookie sheet. Chill 45 minutes.
Line two cookie sheets with wax paper. In double-boiler, melt milk or dark chocolate. Dip balls and coat thoroughly. With slotted spoon or fork, lift balls out of chocolate and let excess chocolate drip off. Place on wax-paper-lined cookie sheet. In separate double boiler, melt white chocolate. Using a fork, drizzle white chocolate over balls. Let cool.
Store in airtight container, in refrigerator.



Powered By Y! Answer

No comments:

Post a Comment