Monday, January 21, 2013

How can I tell if a Double Breasted Coat is for men or women.?

Q. I recently got a double breasted coat and is unsure of the gender it is designed for. Any tip on telling the difference between men and women double breasted coat?
The tag says "Ven Style", if that's any help.

A. By which side the buttons are on.

If you have the coat on, the buttons should be on the right for a mans coat and the left for a womans coat.

What type of coat was Chris Brown wearing in the movie This Christmas?
Q. Its a black coat that has two buttons across and like four or five buttons going down. It has a collar and it has kind of like a strap around the waist. I really want to purchase one like that. I've always wanted one but I haven't been able to find what it's called. Thanks.

A. a Woman Beater coat.

What are some good websites for inexpensive women's coats?
Q. I have a jacket for skiing but I need a nice coat to wear out. I live in florida so I don't want to spend $100 on something I only need for 1 week.

A. www.mandmdirect.com has good prices on good brands, you might want to try that...

Where and how can I sell light coats and jackets I designed?
Q. I have a large amount of nice women's light coats and jackets I designed with excellent quality fabrics. Where and how can I sell them?

A. Depending on your goals, the eBay and Craigslist route would be a viable way for a 'kitchen table' operation, which means you'd likely want to keep your day job. If your aspirations are greater, you want to get into the licensing or mass production game.

There are a number of start-ups that are going after the market of creative product people as sources, and putting them with various manufacturers in China, India, Vietnam, etc. (known as 'B2B' for "Business to Business"). One such firm is www.b2x.com, who, in addition to their internet business, are also trying to build their own mass market brand. Another source for building manufacturing contacts is Alibaba.com

Given the dynamic economic conditions, this landscape will be in a state of flux for a long while, so you need to keep developing suppliers and buyers. If your stuff is really good, you should try to find an agent at ICM or CAA to connect you with a new pop diva or some other up-and-comer who wants to build their own clothing line.

Regardless of your goals, start small by selling to friends (and friends of friends) and let word of mouth develop while you are doing research and networking for the larger market. It's an extremely competitive space, so try to find your 'hook' (a.k.a. "USP" for "Unique Selling Proposition"). Good luck!



Powered By Y! Answer

No comments:

Post a Comment